Systems Analysis and Design (211)
ICA99 Information Technology
ICA40799 Certificate IV in Information Technology (Systems Analysis and Design)
product has been noted
(endorsed) by the National Training
Quality Council (NTQC).
This Toolbox is available for purchase.
View Version Improvements
This Toolbox has been structured for the delivery of the complete qualification for Certificate IV in Information Technology (Systems Analysis and Design).
The dominant pathway provided for students using this Toolbox is to work in a team through a series of seven phases. These phases mirror the process that would be followed by a Systems Analysis and Design (SAD) team working within a medium size organisation in need of a new information technology (IT) system.
The Toolbox assumes that the students who will be using it already have the competencies identified for Certificate III in Information Technology (General) or Certificate III in Information Technology (Software Applications) or equivalent skills.
ICAITPM129A Apply skills in project integration
BSX154L403 Apply skills in time management
BSX154L404 Apply skills in cost management
BSX154L405 Apply skills in quality management
ICAITAD041B Determine client business expectations and needs
ICAITAD042B Confirm client business needs
ICAITAD043B Develop and present a feasibility report
ICAITB059B Develop detailed technical design
ICAITB076B Implement configuration management
ICAITAD056B Prepare disaster recovery/contingency plans
ICAITAD046B Model preferred system solutions
ICAITAD047B Determine specifications for project
ICAITS035C Assist with analysis of emerging technology
ICAITSP037B Contribute to the development of a strategy plan
ICAITTW026B Co-ordinate and maintain teams
ICAITTW027B Relate to clients on a business level
ICAITU019C Migrate to new technology
Rework Project Manager
TAFE NSW Manufacturing & Engineering Division
Original Project Manager
Ms Janice Anderson
Canberra Institute of Technology
GPO Box 826
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 6207 4078
Fax: (02) 6207 4039
Rework Lead Agent
TAFE NSW Manufacturing & Engineering Division
Original Lead Agent
Canberra Institute of Techology, ACT
To place an order download the Toolbox order form (Word 670KB) and fax or post it to eWorks.
437 St Kilda Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3004
Download the Teacher's Guide for Systems Analysis and Design (Word - 2.7 MB).
The aim of the Teaching Guide is to provide supporting documentation for a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to empower learners to develop competency in the subject area of systems analysis and design in an interesting and enjoyable way.
The Toolbox Teaching Guide is designed to assist teachers or supervisors in five ways:
- The Teaching Guide provides guidelines for setting up the RTO's web site.
- The Teaching Guide provides an overview of the educational approach to learning that has shaped this Toolbox and the structure that has resulted from this approach.
- The Teaching Guide provides guidelines for the use of the Toolbox for students who want to develop the skills delivered by the Certificate IV in Information Technology (Systems Analysis and Design). This qualification is part of the ICA 99 Information Technology Training Package (see Appendix A). These guidelines can be applied either by RTOs whose business is higher education or by RTOs who are offering this qualification through their workplace.
- The Teaching Guide provides examples of assessment items that are additional to the activities in the Toolbox.
- The Teaching Guide provides guidelines for adding, changing or deleting content within the Toolbox, creating new quizzes or changing The Marketplace scenario.
This Toolbox is a revision (Version 2) of the original. The following is a list of improvements made to this version.
- Broken links have been tested and corrected.
- Where the previous link no longer exists, alternative links have been found.
- Arrows in the reference section that were returning to the top of the page have been corrected.
- Pop-up menus covering options in the Market Place have been corrected.
- Code has been cleaned to make future edits easier.
- A broken link to the "audio player" has been corrected.
- The site map has been linked to appropriate sections.
- The back button has been hidden from the top navigation in the Market Place intranet.
- Source code for HTML has been made XHTML compliant.
- Metadata has been inserted on all relevant pages.
- Toolbox has been made compliant with Netscape 4.7, Internet Explorer 5 on PC and Mac.
- A sourcecode folder has been created for all development files of new or existing media files.
- Competency changes have been reviewed and re-mapped, where necessary.
- New content has been created where changes in competencies required it.
- More detail has been provided on project management.
- A section on object-oriented design has been created.
- Answers to activities have been created and now contain more detail.
- Spelling mistakes and grammar have been corrected.
- Use of English has been simplified, where necessary.
- Two-way mapping has been installed between topics/tasks and competencies.
- More multimedia items and non-descriptive photos have been inserted, where appropriate.
- A "Print" button has been created on reference pages.
- All Teacher Guide documents have been consolidated into one file.
- The content of the Teacher’s Guide has been refined.
- More questions have been added.