All Grange Care residents and clients have the right to assessment and effective holistic management of continence needs as an essential element in maintaining their quality of life.
- Provide access to specialised medical services and continence advisory personnel.
- Access contracted continence aid suppliers.
- Provide residents and clients with a choice of, and assistance to manage, continence aids appropriate to their specific requirements.
- Consult with them and/or their representative in developing appropriate management plans.
- Formulate care plans to cater for their individual daily needs, with appropriate documentation and at least 3 monthly evaluation.
- Use contemporary health practices that minimise the risk of infection.
- Respect dignity and privacy in all circumstances.
- Provide education and information given on range, choice and availability of continence aids, medical interventions and associated services.
- Provide education of staff on contemporary practices and all aspects of continence management.
- Safely dispose of aids.
Aged Care Act 1997: Quality of Care Principles - Standards:
- 2.2 Regulatory Compliance
- 2.3 Education and Staff Development
- 2.11 Skin Care
- 2.12 Continence Management
- 3.5 Independence
- 3.6 Privacy and Dignity
- 3.9 Choice and Decision Making
- 4.7 Infection Control