Introduction | Step 1 | Step 2 | Step 3 | Step 4 | Additional resources
Hi there! Do you need some more guidance with this project?
I've broken the project down into a number of steps, just click on each of the numbered tabs above (or simply scroll down the page) to work your way through the process.
For this project, you will be developing an assessment tool and the instruments within it, in order to assess the nFinity sales team on the unit BSBCMM201A: Communicate in the workplace. Before you can do this, you will need to find out all about the assessment process and also become familiar with the Performance Criteria of the unit you are assessing.
To complete this project, you will need to:
- learn about assessment
- familiariase yourself with the unit of competency BSBMM201A: Communicate in the workplace
- develop your assessment tool for this unit
- write a short report about the instruments you have developed.
Learn about assessment.
Your first task is to familiarise yourself with all the relevant aspects of competency-based assessment.
Unpack the unit BSBCMM201A Communicate in the workplace.
Before you can develop an assessment tool, you need to familiarise yourself with the unit you are assessing.
- To find out what the context of this assessment is, you should ask Bill Buckingham at nFinity what are the essential business communication skills?
- Also at nFinity you will need to meet the learners so you can get an understanding of the target group of your assessment.
- Learn what reasonable adjustment means, so that you can support the special needs of Matt, one of your candidates for the assessment.
- Download the documentation for the unit of competency (BSBCMM201A) Communicate in the workplace from the NTIS website:
- Go and ask Jasper:
- Visit Ruby Perkins, and read through her Q&A section to learn about equity guidelines for competency-based assessment. You should also check her Advice section, where she can help you to make sure your assessment will enable the candidates to demonstrate competency without disadvantage.
Develop appropriate assessment instruments for (BSBCMM201A) Communicate in the workplace.
Now that you know the skills you are assessing, you need to develop an assessment tool that you can use to assess competence for the sales team at nFinity.
Write a short report on your assessment tool.
Your report should include:
- Reasons why you have chosen to include the various components in your assessment tool, and the context in which they should be used.
- Consider the special needs of a visually impaired worker - how you would adjust the assessment tool to meet his requirements. Include your ideas on this issue in your report. To help you with this you should read these articles on the internet:
- Add your report and your assessment tool to your evidence portfolio.
Staff / Jasper / Q&A
Staff / Stephanie / Q&A
Training room / Documents