OLS passionately believes in equal opportunities for all, both within the company and in our client relationships. Our company values diversity and acknowledges individual difference.
Access and Equity policy
At OLS we:
- support equal opportunities for access and participation
- foster and advocate independence
- promote co-operative approaches to learning
- use client-centred approaches to learning
- support, encourage and value individual contributions
- create opportunities for participation and success
- modify procedures, activities and assessment for equity
- acknowledge, respect and value clients with particular needs
- ensure that individual's rights and confidentiality are respected
- acknowledge current strengths and skills as a basis for further learning.
It is expected that OLS employees will examine their personal perceptions and attitudes towards difference to improve communications and professionalism. Our Access and Equity officer, Ruby Perkins is available with questions and advice.
Creating ground rules for participation
OLS encourage trainers to develop ground rules for participation and behaviour in collaboration with learners.
These ground rules may include:
- guidelines for behaviour and acceptance
- common understandings between learners about group interaction, respect and acceptance
- expectations about working relationships
- safety and comfort considerations for learners and others
- agreed consequences for breaching ground rules.