To be competent in SITXOHS003A Identify hazards, and assess and control safety risks, you must demonstrate that you have the skills and knowledge required to identify hazards, assess the associated safety risks and take measures to eliminate or control and minimise the risk. You will need to show that you can apply the processes necessary to control specific workplace safety risks. This risk management approach is central to compliance with OHS legislation, which imposes obligations on businesses in all Australian States and Territories (whether small, medium or large) to manage the safety of their workers and anyone else in the workplace.
Your event evidence must demonstrate that you have identified workplace hazards, and assessed and controlled safety risks for an event operation; in line with regulatory requirements.
You will need to include evidence demonstrating your ability to:
- access and use appropriate template documents for hazard identification and risk assessment
- apply appropriate methods for hazard identification, and risk assessment and control
- show knowledge and understanding of the consultative approach to hazard identification, assessment of associated safety risks and implementation of controls
- show knowledge of OHS legislation requirements for hazard identification, and risk assessment and control
- implement and monitor OHS management practices within the context of an established system where policies and procedures already exist
- show knowledge of specific and relevant OHS legislative requirements
- show skills in conducting risk assessments for different hazard scenarios.